Your Kids Can Become the Best Version of Themselves
If you want your children to shine today and thrive in their relationships throughout life, this is the book for you! Maralee McKee, the Manners Mentor, shares more than 100 skills that will equip your children to be confident, at ease, and thoughtful in any setting.
With Manners That Matter for Moms, you can have children and teens who…
- replace eye-rolling and “Whatever!” with meaningful, kind conversations
- turn off their techno-gadgets and plug in to the people around them
- replace awkward moments, nervous introductions, and unpleasant first impressions with gracious, easy interactions
- are prepared for any dining experience and are gracious hosts and great guests
- use the skills you teach them even when you’re not around as their manners become reflections of their hearts
The skills you’ll find here are all up-to-date for our modern sensibilities and perfect for our fast-paced, casual, techno-savvy culture. Written in Maralee’s warm, best friend style, (She shares her story so you get to know her.) and complete with a Bible study for personal or group use, this is the manners book to turn to whether your child is four or fourteen. This is more than an etiquette book. It’s a mom’s go-to manual to raising children who are never door mats and always welcome mats.
- An introduction by Christy Jordan founder of Southern Plate.com, co-host of TV’s Beat the Chefs, and author of Southern Plate: Classic Comfort Food that Makes Everyone Feel Like Family
- A fun three-question Etiquette IQ Quiz at the start of each chapter to give you a peek at what will be shared in that chapter.
- Why take advice from a stranger? People always ask me, “How did you become the Manners Mentor?” In chapter two I share my story of the amazing journey Christ has taken me on from being a scared little girl, a lonely young widow, to the woman, wife and mom I am today. You’ll know me as a friend when you’ve finished chapter two.
- The eight-steps that make teaching good manners a pleasure not a burden. Use these skills and your child’s good manners will spring from his heart and will never be window dressing.
- Growing in Graciousness, Next Step Skills to add on when your child reaches the right age and stage in his or her development.
- Mom-to-Mom Moments special skills just for you, or special ways you can get your child to incorporate the manners she learns into her heart.
- Illustrations for when a picture is worth a thousand words.
- My favorite go-to recipe for giving to friends, and how great recipes and good manners have a lot in common.
- The Top 100 Manners Checklist! Everything your child needs to know to be at-ease, welcomed, and gracious socially, professionally, and in his relationships when he’s grown. Send your child out-the-door knowing you taught him everything he needs to know to thrive on his own.